Warehouse Management System Analyst
Role reports to: Senior Manager IT Applications
Directly reporting to this role: N/A
In this role, you'll leverage your expertise in warehouse management system (WMS) and transportation management system (TMS) implementation, optimisation, and support. Your tech-savvy approach and strong communication skills will be vital. You'll play a pivotal role in enhancing our warehousing and transportation systems, collaborating closely with IT teams, internal stakeholders, and external vendors.
Your responsibilities encompass ensuring application stability, seamless integration with other systems, and translating business needs into configuration changes. You'll lead WMS/TMS functions, create implementation templates, manage vendors, implement service level agreements (SLAs), and handle change coordination across teams.
How can you help us?
- Engage collaboratively with business liaisons to drive process and software enhancements.
- Analyse, configure, and optimise applications in your functional area.
- Transform business procedures into innovative solutions.
- Design, coordinate and conduct application testing.
- Provide WMS and TMS support to existing warehouse and transport operations.
- Manage service and change requests.
- Coordinate implementation and improvement projects.
- Stay up-to-date with upgrades and market trends.
- Create cross-functional collaboration with other IT teams when required.
Are you our match?
- Bachelor's degree and a mix of consulting and IT skills
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Warehousing/Transportation field
- Proven experience in implementing warehouse and transport management systems
- Hands-on experience in configuring complex systems
- Strong organisational and project management skills; able to juggle several tasks at once
- Naturally inquisitive and committed to continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in spoken and written English
- Level-headed in challenging and time-sensitive situations
- Proficiency in structured query language (SQL) at an intermediate level
- Additional skills and experiences that would be a plus:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Server
- Previous experience with Manhattan Scale
- Proven track record in project implementation and maintenance (support) of one or multiple WMS
- Hands-on experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and TMS
- A basic understanding of electronic data exchange (EDI) and interface protocols