With 27,000 employees worldwide, Medline is one of the leading companies in the healthcare sector. Our customers include not only leading hospitals, but also many medical supply stores, pharmacies and distributors. We offer a comprehensive range of products: from gloves to essentials for the operating theatre, as well as services to sustainably improve patient care and enhance the quality of people’s lives. Would you like to join us on this journey?
For our location in Kleve we are looking for you as a
Supervisor Transportation (m/w/d)
How can you help us?
- Manage, motivate, coordinate and supervise the work of Kleve Transportation Team, moreover develop and maintain cooperative working relations with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Supervises the Transportation Team activities, ensuring the highest quality, while optimizing the related costs.
- Helps planning the strategic direction for Transportation in order to respond to the requirements as defined in the Business Plans and the Yearly Budgets
- Holds regular meetings/calls with relevant freight forwarders, in order to manage and improve performance and cost.
- Holds regular meetings/calls with Customer Service Team, in order to manage and improve performance.
- Manage escalations
- Is responsible for direct reports, which should result in the highest efficiency on each individual level, combined with a maximum of motivation and job-satisfaction, including regular evaluation and feedback conversations, structured leading of the employees which includes appraisals, corrective actions and discussions and at least a yearly update of job descriptions and / or profiles
- Manages and develops the MedTrans drivers and Fleet, based in Kleve location.
- Ensures that the established Transportation policies and systems are being applied properly and accurately.
- Establishes and maintains all the necessary Service Measuring Systems and use them to guide the necessary corrective actions to continuously improve the quality.
- Continuously evaluates internal efficiency and external developments ensuring timely organizational adjustment.
- Continuously works together with the Compliance Team and the Warehouse and Customer Service Team
- Ensure compliance with company policy and state regulations and maintain appropriate and accurate documentation.
- Is the Transportation representative in the Functional Leader Meeting in Kleve
- Invoice management
Are you our match?
- Have Distribution and Export experience (min. 5 years) in international business as well as experiences in Import
- Very good knowledge of the international transport market
- Good knowledge about customs and customs procedures
- Persuasive communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication)
- Other languages are a bonus
- Good knowledge of ERP programs
- Good knowledge of Windows applications
- Quick but solid actions and decisions taker
We have everything covered:
- A comprehensive onboarding program with experienced colleagues
- Individualiced solutions for flexible working to increase your productivity and find the right work/life balance
- 30 days of vacation.
- A community of enthusiastic Medline colleagues to work and grow with
- Modern workplace located in Kleve – the building was designed inspired by employee requests.
- Fresh fruit, coffee flat rate, discounted lunch, so that your physical well-being is taken care of
Ready to join forces with a game-changing employer? We would love to hear from you!
Medline is committed to reducing our carbon footprint, developing responsible products, supporting our employees and local communities, and promoting high ethical standards internally and among our supplier partners. Click here to discover what Medline is doing to make healthcare more sustainable for people and the planet.